Saoirse Ronan Bio, Age, Career, Relationships & Net Worth
|Name||Saoirse Una Ronan|
|Birth Date||12 April 1994|
|Birthplace||New York City, U.S.|
|Parents||Paul Ronan and Monica|
|Affairs||Jack Lowden, Hozier|
|Profession||Actress, Television Personality|
|Net Worth||$7 Million|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches|
- Getting to Know Saoirse Ronan
- Career: TV Shows, Movies & Awards
- Personal Life: Affairs, Boyfriend & Dating
- Salary & Net Worth
- Physical Attributes: Height & Weight
- Social Media Portfolio
- Saoirse Ronan Facts
It’s hardly surprising Saoirse opted for a career as an actress. She got her first taste of A list life early on when, as a baby, she accompanied her actor dad onto the set of The Devil’s Own – and ended up being carried around by Hollywood heavyweight Brad Pitt.
Ronan is an Irish-American actress. Primarily noted for her roles in period dramas since adolescence, Ronan has received several awards including a Golden Globe Award and nominations for four Academy Awards and five British Academy Film Awards.
Ronan is also one of the most influential actresses of her generation and has been named in two of Forbes 30 Under 30, and in Maxim‘s Hot 100.
So let’s know all the details about the beautiful Saoirse. We’ve got everything you would want to know about Ronan, including her, Height, Age, Movies, Boyfriend, family & many more.
Getting to Know Saoirse Ronan
Saoirse was born in Ireland on April 12, 1994, to established actor Paul Ronan – star of Veronica Guerin and The Devil’s Own – and his wife Monica. She grew up in County Carlow as a normal youngster who devoted much of her time to her beloved border collie Sassy.
Ronan’s parents were initially undocumented immigrants who had left Ireland due to the recession of the 1980s, and struggled economically during their time in New York. The family moved back to Dublin when Ronan was three years old.
She is 26 years old and her zodiac sign is Aries. She holds both American and Irish citizenship and belongs to the white ethnicity. Ronan was raised for a short time in Ardattin, County Carlow, where she attended Ardattin National School. She was later home-schooled before she moved back to Dublin to live with her parents.
Career: TV Shows, Movies & Awards
Saoirse’s first acting role came in 2003 when she landed a part in the Irish TV series The Clinic. She appeared in four episodes before moving on to another Irish show, Proof, in 2004. It wasn’t long before the talented youngster made the transition to the silver screen.
She was chosen to play Michelle Pfeiffer’s on-screen daughter Izzie in comedy flick I Could Never Be Your Woman, and the same year lensed holiday movie The Christmas Miracle Of Jonathan Toomey.
Her big break came, however, when – aged just 13 she earned the starring role in the big-screen adaptation of Ian McEwan’s WWII romance novel Atonement. Playing Briony, the youngster whose actions bring so much heartache to her sibling, was a dream come true for Saoirse, who not only got the chance to work with British star James McAvoy, but also with her role model Keira Knightley.
The movie proved a global success, scooping seven leading awards – including two Golden Globes – and garnering an impressive seven Oscar nominations in 2008. It also marked a personal triumph for the young Irish star whose performance was recognized with two best youth performance awards and a best-supporting actress Oscar nod.
Becoming the second youngest actor to be nominated for an Academy Award is no mean feat, and if her career to date is anything to go by Saoirse look set to enjoy a glittering future. And casting agents were quick to come a-calling in the wake of her success Atonement success, leading to a full schedule in 2008.
Ronan signed up for Death Defying Acts with Catherine Zeta-Jones, family fantasy City Of Ember, and a role alongside an all-star cast including Susan Sarandon, Mark Wahlberg, and Rachel Weisz in an adaptation of the novel The Lovely Bones.
Awards & Achievements
- Her brilliant performance in ‘Atonement’ earned her the first ‘Academy Award’ nomination of her career, for the ‘Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role.’ She thus became one of the youngest actors ever to get an ‘Academy Award’ nomination.
- She was also nominated for the ‘BAFTA’ and the ‘Golden Globe’ for the ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for her performance in ‘Atonement.’ She earned another ‘BAFTA’ nomination for ‘The Lovely Bones.’
- In 2016, she was nominated for an ‘Academy Award’ and a ‘Golden Globe’ for her performance in ‘Brooklyn.’ In 2017, she won a ‘Golden Globe’ for the ‘Best Actress,’ a ‘BAFTA Award’ nomination, and a ‘SAG Award’ nomination for ‘Best Actress’ for her role in ‘Lady Bird.’
- She also won her first ‘Academy Award’ for the ‘Best Actress in a Leading Role’ for her performance in ‘Lady Bird.’
Personal Life: Affairs, Boyfriend & Dating
Ronan is someone who prefers keeping her private life away from the cameras. However, Saoirse is strongly rumored to be dating Mary Queen of Scots co-star Jack Lowden at present. Similarly, Ronan has previously been linked to Irish musician Hozier as well. Additionally, she has dated:
- George MacKay (2012): 2013 film How I Live Now co-stars George MacKay and Saoirse dated off-screen quietly for some time in 2012. The film’s director Kevin Macdonald revealed this.
- Max Irons (2013): Actor Max Irons was RUMORed to be dating his The Host co-star Saoirse in March 2013. The duo first met on the set of this movie only. Their relationship saw an end in September 2013. However, neither of the party accepted their news of dating together.
Identifies herself as a Feminist
Saoirse is also an activist and social worker. Ronan has supported several charitable organizations and has even voiced in support of abortion rights and same-sex marriage. Saoirse also identifies herself as a feminist.
Ronan is an ambassador for the Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. She is related to Home Sweet Home, and in 2016, she upheld the association’s move wherein they wrongfully assumed control over a place of business in Dublin to house 31 destitute families.
In 2018, she showed up in a video for Together for Yes, a crusade for the expulsion of the Eighth Amendment’s sacred prohibition on fetus removal in Ireland.
Salary & Net Worth
Saoirse Ronan is an Irish-American actress who has a net worth of $7 million dollars. However, this figure’s only going to rise as Saoirse still has a long way to go. Her movies have collected well in the Box Office.
What are the highest-grossing movies of Saoirse Ronan?
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014): $163,981,261
- Atonement: $129,779,728
- The Lovely Bones (2009): $94,894,448
- Lady Bird: $78,610,769
- Hanna (2011): $65,343,694
- Brooklyn: $38,322,743
Physical Attributes: Height & Weight
Talented actress Ronan is also a young lady who’s blessed with heavenly beauty. She’s one of the most gorgeous women you’ll ever see. She has a body measurement of 33-33-34 inches.
She stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 55Kgs. She has a pair of sparkling blue eyes and blonde hair. Further, she wears a bra size of 30B and her shoe and dress size is 2 US & 8 US respectively.
Social Media Portfolio
Ronan is a truly special lady in every sense and isn’t even active in any social media platform. In addition, Saoirse tried out twitter but found it to be too much work and stressful. Also, this special beauty said she feels uncomfortable with any self-promotion so we understand and respect her decision.
Saoirse Ronan Facts
- She was raised in County Carlow, Ireland.
- Ronan relocated to Ireland when she was three years old.
- Her first name is pronounced as “Seer-sha” by Irish people.
- Her first name is in the Irish language, which means “freedom” in English.
- She has a dog named Sassie.
- Ronan supports the Irish Blue Cross charity.
- As a child, she used to have a poster of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger (the three leading characters from the Harry Potter series).
- She has watched Bridesmaids (2011) the most in her life.
- She wants to work with Johnny Depp.
Thoughts: Have you enjoyed Saoirse Ronan’s biography? Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.
Request edit: Please free to contact us with post name.
For more interesting wiki and gossips, do follow celebshubs.com!!!